Monday, January 25, 2016

25 January 2016 Letter ONE YEAR

Wow, I will hit one year out here!! I can't really comprehend it or believe it. Two years ago I was finishing the last semester of high school. Last year on this exact day, a Monday, I was packing my bags, even though we waited 'til laaaaaate at night to do that.

I was set apart as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, to live on a higher plane, and higher level, to be able to teach to the world the Restoration of the His Gospel. Awesome. The sad thing, I only have a bit over eleven months left to fulfill that sacred calling. I decided to leave all my life back home and give my heart to our Heavenly Father. It is the best decision I have ever made.

I never would have imagined all the things I would learn, all the people I would have the opportunity to help, love, and serve. I never imagined I would become the person I am now and the person I still have time to become. My time here has and will continue to decide how the rest of my life will go. Will I apply all that I have learned, or forget it all and think, yeah that was fun but now it is time for my life? The whole point of giving my heart to the Lord for two years is just so I can get used to doing the same, just without a shirt and tie, for the rest of my life.

I had an interview with Pres. Boswell today, and he told me it was time to step it up. He knows I can always do better, and I know the same. he let me know that here pretty soon when the huge groups go home, there will be more than a 1/4 of the mission entering within 2 months. Someone has to train them and be their leaders. The Lord will look to us, hoping that we will be prepared to accept the calling when the time comes. That means there are things to change and improve.

This week we had a sweet baptism also. We are working with the Baldeon Family. They are so cool. The dad has a baptismal date for next transfer!

Elder Wilcox











Represent.




Elder Wilson and Elder Wilcox celebrating One Year!

Lovin' it.

#ElderWes




No comments:

Post a Comment