Thursday, October 1, 2015

28 September 2015 Letter

Wow, busy past couple of weeks, but then again, every day here is super busy.  From the last week, like 2 weeks ago, I explained a bit about the highlights.  But we had a super fun English class where we played Jeopardy.  This week, I was in charge of English class, and we ended up playing a few games like charades and Pictionary.  It was a blast.

I think the coolest thing was when we went out to Huaycán with the new Elders and Sisters from the CCM (Missionary Training Center or MTC). I went out with 2 Elders.  They are both from Perú.  One is serving in his own country, and the other is going to Dominican Republic!  How cool is that?  Well, as we were there proselyting for a good 4 hours, they were just saying 'Hi' to everyone and walking with big old smiles on their faces.  I remember when I did my first in-field practice with Elder Manzanera over in Southern Lima.  We were so excited to be there and speak in Spanish and talk to people and just be missionaries.  I feel like that is something that a lot of missionaries lose.  I feel I have lost that enthusiasm a bit, just losing myself in the work, forgetting about my life.  I forgot how much of a difference it is to be here.  I had that contrast more a while back.  Yeah, maybe they didn't know too well how to answer questions or teach certain doctrines, and I had to help them, but they really helped me too.  I have set a goal to be more like that.  To be just more excited about my calling.  It isn't something I will ever have again.  I only have two years.  Well, I have already finished 1/3 of it!  I don't have much time to do my best.  I have to give it all and right now!

We all should have a better attitude about everything, realizing why we are here, having an eternal perspective.  This life also is only a short time.  And it determines, just like my time here, so much of the future.  Our future for us and for our families.  Our trials shall only be for a short time, and if we brave them well, we shall be lifted up in the last day!  I know that is a true promise.  We have to do our part so the Lord can do His!

Also, we had our stake conference last weekend, the 19th and the 20th.  My mission president and his wife go to every one in the whole year in all the 10 stakes in our mission.  A seventy came down.  It was super powerful.  Pres. Delgado, the first councilor in the stake presidency, spoke about how many times we think about how cool it would be to live in the times of Adam or Abraham, or Noah. How cool would that be though?  To see them and the things we only can read about in the Bible.  To see Moses part the Red Sea, to see Jesus performing his miracles, teaching to the multitudes.  To see Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery translating the plates, to cross the plains with some of the first Latter-Day Saints!  To live in any one of those time periods.  So amazing, right?

A few years ago, the church announced that it was time to accelerate and hasten the Work of Salvation here on the earth.  We have the biggest missionary force the world has ever seen.  We have the largest family history program the world has ever seen.  There are more members of the church today than there have ever been in the history of this world.  He said that Moses, Enoch, Adam, Abraham, David, Isaiah, Joseph Smith are probably up there looking down on us right now saying something like, "Man! I wish I could have lived in these times, when they hastened the work for real!  When they have over 85,000 full-time missionaries!  When the stakes of Zion were stronger than ever!  How cool would it be to live right now and be an instrument in the Lord's hands!"  We live in the Fullness of times!  We have all the tools accessible we have all things revealed unto us!  We live in an amazing time.

Put your shoulder to the wheel!  Push along!

Elder Wilcox

Multi-Zone Conference with Elder Godoy

Centro de Lima



#ElderWes




No comments:

Post a Comment