Sunday, July 19, 2015

6 July 2015 Letter

Hey everybody. ¿Como estan?

Well, this has been a great week.  We met almost every single goal or excellence put by the mission and exceeded others.  We only had nine new investigators as the goal is 10.  So we fell just short of that.  But we really saw the blessings of hard work and concentrating ourselves in the work as well.  We also were able to receive a visit in our room from the mission president.  He let us know that we needed to clean our room haha.  It was kinda embarrassing but we needed a good slap in the face.  He said that God is a God of order and the Spirit cannot dwell as easily in a dirty room.  It needed to be a celestial apartment.  That was on my birthday in the morning so he also brought me cookies.  But he went to all the rooms in our zone and chastised them as well.

In a movie about our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, there is a part where he did not follow an impression of the Spirit and something sad happened as a result.  I don't have time to tell the whole story.  But after, he made a promise to never again ignore a prompting and to always act on it.  From that moment, I made that same promise.  This week I have really seen the blessings of listening to the Spirit and following those impressions.  I have also been able to feel more in tune and closer to my Heavenly Father.  We found a lot of new people.  Nine this week.  Every single one was from contacting, which is just talking to people in the street or knocking doors.  We had one time where we were walking down the street at about 8:30 at night and I felt so strongly to turn around and go talk to this teenager that was sitting outside his door on his phone.  We turned around and talked to him.  Then his mom got home from work and talked with us too.  She had been going through some really tough times especially as a single mom and having had her sister pass away recently.  At the end of the lesson, they told us they wanted to come to church and get baptized.  The little experiences like those are what make it all worth it.  All the walking around the whole day, people rejecting us or telling us we are devil worshipers or that we aren't Christians haha.  I love the mission.  I will never forget these things.  I learn so much every day and my testimony that this is the true church of our Savior grows every moment.

Love you guys

Elder Wes

My cake :)

Elder Chiroque 

Alfajores de argentina!

They bought me american candy from the states!!!

Haciendo root beer floats para la familia Romero
(Making root beer floats for the Romero family)




P-day con el distrito portada del sol!!
( P-day (preparation day) with the Portada del Sol District!!)



  
The partay!






#ElderWes



No comments:

Post a Comment