Monday, March 21, 2016

14 March 2016 Letter

(Note: we did not receive a letter from Wesley last week, 7 March 2016.)

This week was really cool. We saw how the Spirit of God really softens hearts. This week, that led to the Father of a investigator family signing a permission slip for his wife and daughter, something they thought would never happen and now we have Angi's baptism this Saturday. That should be nice after the whole ordeal with Alex's baptism not happening.

I am so grateful for this work. I think I have learned something this week. I have felt something special. That word is happiness. I feel so happy. I don't even know why because I am so exhausted.

Also, we are working with Oscar and his strong addiction he has to cigarettes. Last night we gave him a blessing with his brother-in-law and it was so powerful that afterwards he went over and hugged his wife and two kids and then all of us.

I am excited for this coming transfer. I don't know if Elder Sanchez and I will still be together, but we have seen the things we are improving help us in the work. We had a great companionship inventory this week and we talked a lot about the Christlike attributes.  We have seen an improvment in our relationship. After Elder Robbins' visit, we have been trying to be more obedient and it makes us happier. What most called my attention was 'how my mom wants me to be.' What type of missionary does she want me to be?  It is a great question that usually leads me to feel a bit disapointed in myself but to improve. This week should be a great one.

Elder Lynn G Robbins from the presidency of the 70 came to visit the mission.  We had a meeting with him and the Lima North mission as well.  It was really interesting.  He talked about Chapter 6 from Preach My Gospel - Christlike Attributes.  It was a great learning experience.

He also shared a talk with us called 'Tasting the Light' from a seminar he gave to Young Adults last Spring.  It talks about faith and a certain spectrum on that.  It talks about how we can realize we have more faith and a stronger testimony that we think.  It talks about how we learn and gain light - revelation.  The only way we can receive a testimony is by asking God, because seeing is not believing.  Seeing is not faith.  Seeing God won't help you know he exists.  It is strange but it is how things work.  How many people in the scriptures saw signs or angels and still didn't believe?  Many.  I thought that was cool.  I realized I have a stronger testimony and faith in Jesus Christ.  Just what I needed.




#ElderWes





No comments:

Post a Comment