Monday, August 24, 2015

24 August 2015 Letter

We will find out about transfers today.  I feel like we will both stay, not really sure why 'cause that would be strange, but it is possible.  This week was a bit difficult because we didn't really have some one to accompany us to our lessons where only women were present so we missed out on a lot of appointments.  It is a tough rule.  We could enter and nobody would know but it is better to follow the rules, for whatever reason.  The highlight of the week was the baptism of Hermana Alicia, an 18-yr-old girl, Daniela's older sister.

But first, last Monday was a blast.  All the sister missionaries of the mission had P-day (preparation day) together and so that left us Elders here free to go out to Chosica and spend the day with the Elders in that other zone.  It was the first time I had done a multi-zone p-day.  We played soccer and american football with all the guys and it was super fun.  I also got to spend that time with Elder Espinel and Elder Wilson.  It was way cool to see them and talk about what had happened since the last time we talked.

The baptism all went well.  Elder Cornejo was able to baptize her.  Afterwards she gave a super powerful and strong testimony.  The whole time I was just smiling so big and so happy.  This work really does make me happy and I love seeing a strong conversion.  There is nothing like it.  After Alicia gave her testimony, she came up to me and asked me why I was laughing at her in her testimony!!  Haha, I tried explaining to her I was just super happy and excited, but maybe she didn't get it all the way.  Thats OK.  I love all you guys and thanks for the prayers.

Elder Wilcox

Alicia's baptism 1

Alicia's baptism 2

Alicia's baptism 3, with all the YAS (don't know,
Young Single Adults?) and the Bishop

Cold water!

Alicia's baptism 4

Being weird

with Elder Wilson

with Elder Espinel

Daughter of my pensionista with her niece



#ElderWes





No comments:

Post a Comment