Friday, May 1, 2015

27 April 2015 Letter

Hi everyone!

So this week I don't have time to share a conference talk. This email will be a bit short so sorry in advance. And pictures are sending suuuper slow so we will see what you all get.

This was my first week in the new transfer and we got a ton of new Elders here in my zone, but that also means a ton left. I will definitely miss those guys but I also know I will become great friends with the new ones too. I am no longer officially "green" but I don't feel any different so nothing really changed. Just a few things.

We, as a district, have made a goal this week to use the Book of Mormon more since it really is key to conversion. If the Book of Mormon is true (it is by the way), then that means Joseph Smith really was a prophet called of God. And that the priesthood was restored in actuality and that we know have the actual same church Christ established while on the Earth and the fullness of His gospel. So it is pretty key. I saw the fruits of utilizing it more as we have seen huge progression in a few eternal investigators and all the others. Instead of trying to prove things and using the Bible to cross-reference stuff, just reading the truths from the Book of Mormon to testify is all we need. It truly has all the answers and the fullness of Christ's gospel. We especially noticed it in a lesson with three women we are teaching. We shared a couple stories and scriptures that completely changed their view on baptism so we will see how the next appointment with them this week goes. I know they can know all things through the Holy Ghost just as the ancient prophet Moroni promised.

Another thing I have really noticed on my mission is the importance of working with the members. Sometimes they may think that missionary work in the ward is our job. It is, but only to a certain extent. They aren't here to help us. It is the exact opposite. Missionary work is their responsibility. After all it is their home here. We are here to help them. Our job is just to find people and bring them to the ward and prepare them for baptism and a true conversion. None of that is possible without the members, though. It is difficult to get them to come with me to lessons. We have a rule that we cannot enter into a house where there is no man older than 16 present in the room. And so much better when it is a member. I wish I would have realized the ramifications of that before my mission. I feel bad I didn't go out with the Elders more and realized they probably weren't able to teach an actual person, a child of God, one of our brothers or sisters, the doctrine of Christ just because I wanted to play a videogame or take a nap after a long day of school or work. I now see how important this work is, not for me just as a missionary, but for everyone. The whole membership of the church is responsible for this work. I know I can do my best here to help this area by animating and encouraging the ward and that I always have divine help. This work really is more of a privilege and I see that more and more every day. And with that realization, I am more and more grateful and honored and humbled to be a part of it. I know this is the true church of God on the Earth and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Joseph Smith was a prophet called by God to restore the actual church of Jesus Christ. We have proof of that restoration in the Book of Mormon, the most correct book of any on the Earth and that we have a living prophet today, Thomas Monson who talks face to face with the Lord, like Moses did in time of old. This is the only perfect thing on the Earth today. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ăšltimos Dias. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Love you guys.

Elder Wilcox

YAY first baptism. He chose me to perform the ordinance



#ElderWes





No comments:

Post a Comment