Thursday, March 12, 2015

10 March 2015 Letter

First day

Hi everybody. Today is my first day out in the field!! I got my companion Elder Espinel. I am writing to all of you from my first area. Its called Portada del Sol. It's in the zone Campoy.

I'm on the fifth floor of the crazy tiny house of a member down the street from my apartment. My apartment is super cool looking and is pretty good sized. I'll send some pictures on Monday. Well this area is pretty big and they just had a baptism last week. We have a few progressing investigators and a few less active members that we are teaching to right now.

This place is called the dusty area 'cause all the roads are dirt and there's still a freeway! The air is kinda nasty and there's always dust everywhere in the apartment. It's awesome though.

I love my companion. He is super cool. Or as i call him, chevere. Even though he speaks almost no English. It's a little lonely. I can say everything I need to but not everything I would like to. Like the joking around stuff.

Well I left the CCM this morning and left my district and met up with tons of Elders for my mission. Today 20 missionaries went home and 16 came in, including me. And I even got to see Elder Tadje from back home in Eagle. It was super fun to see him. I also got to meet Elder Kent, from Eagle, who also lives in Eagle, who goes home this week.

Well gotta run. We have a few appointments tonight. They aren't giving us a lot of time today but I'll get the full hour next week on Monday (my new p-day by the way).

Chao,

Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment